We’ve been looking forward to a Houston bluebonnet hanami with folks from another JETAA chapter scheduled for Mar 27-29. We even had 7 awesome Alumni sign up to host our out-of-state guests!
However, in light of recent events and out of concern for public health and the health of our fellow JET alumni and their families, we will be postponing our inter-chapter soiree (also known as Yeehawnami) with the good folks of JETAA Mid-South Chapter until further notice.
The bluebonnets are out, and pretty right now. We wish we could enjoy them together. For how, here’s to another event, somewhere down the road.
Take care, everyone!
(The original webpost is below)
Members from the Texoma region and the NOLA/Mid-South region will gather in Houston for a Hanami picnic and ‘onsen’ weekend. Interested? Contact us if you haven’t received the invite information!
When: March 27 – 29 2020 | Friday – Sunday
Who: JET Alumni and friends
- Evening: Welcome Mid-South JET Alum and have a Japanese dinner
- Prepare food for hanami picnic together
- Hanami Picnic to enjoy the Texas Bluebonnets
- Korean spa https://gangnamspa.org
- Dinner at Conveyor-belt Sushi restaurant
- Possible Karaoke niji-kai
- Morning shopping trip to Daiso, Seiwa Supermarket, etc
- Mid-South JETAA group departs Houston
Participants will individually pay for:
- Personal pass to the Korean Spa (approx $45.00)
- Personal restaurant meals
- Their own shopping purchases